Silver tarnishes when exposed to salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, perspiration, cosmetics, household bleach, and other strong chemicals. To prevent tarnish as much as possible, we recommend that you store your fine ornaments in a safe, dry place when engaging in the following activities:
- Household and outdoor chores
- Showering, bathing, or swimming in pools, hot tubs, hot springs, and the ocean
- Using lotion, hair products, fragrances, and other cosmetics
- Exercising at the gym or during contact sports
- Preparing meals
How to Clean Silver
1. Apply a small amount of Blingpeaks’s silver ornaments cleaner to a soft cloth.
2. Gently rub the silver with the cloth several times.
3. Rinse the silver thoroughly in warm water.
4. Blot dry and shine your silver with our polishing cloth or mitts. This will remove the tarnish and restore shine.